Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hello from Tallulah Falls!

Hi, there!

I'm Marcy Singer, the "fictional" heroine of The Quick and The Thread, the first book in the Seven Year Stitch Mystery Series. I migrated from San Francisco to beautiful Tallulah Falls on the coast of Oregon to open an embroidery specialty store. (In San Francisco, I was an accountant. It was a good job, but I so prefer being my own boss.) The name of my shop is the Seven Year Stitch. It's called that for three reasons: One, it’s an embroidery specialty shop so I thought Seven Year Stitch was a really cute play on words. Two, I’m a huge fan of classic movies. And, three, it actually took me seven years to turn my dream of owning an embroidery shop into a reality.

I have an adorable Irish Wolfhound named Angus O'Ruff. He's a year old, and he is terrific. He loves being indoors; but since I have a fenced backyard, he also enjoys spending time outdoors. He especially likes sprawling on the swing.

My friends Sadie and Blake own the shop next to mine. Theirs is a coffee shop named MacKenzie's Mochas. They're terrific. Sadie was my college roommate, and she is--in large part--responsible for my being here in Tallulah Falls.

That's enough about me for now. Tell me about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment